Hello! My name is Claudine Williams and I am the Attendance & Family Support Officer for the school.
My role in school is to ensure children sustain good attendance and punctuality and provide support to parents if they are struggling with morning routines or other situations. I provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and well being. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need too!
I can meet with you at home or in school at a time to suit yourself. Advice and support is confidential and only shared with our inclusion team. If there are concerns relating to the safeguarding of children, this will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
I have weekly inclusion meetings with our school SEN Inclusion Manager and Learning mentors to discuss how we can support families who have been referred via the school or self-referrals.
I can normally be involved with a parent for up to 8 weeks although Individual cases may require longer support. There will be an initial assessment to determine your need and you will be contacted with a few days of your referral.
Support for families includes:
- Parenting Advice/Mental Health & Well being – Referrals to counselling service
- Providing information and signposting to the local borough services
- Liaising on your behalf with a range of external services such as housing, Children Social Care and Camhs
- Assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, DLA, school application and benefits
- Debt management, Managing on a budget
- Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- Guidance with accessing voluntary work, personal development and access to training and employment.
- Support with food parcels and food vouchers
- Assist with obtaining furniture – if you are moving to or from temporary accommodation
- A range of other topics
How to get in touch:
I am based in school every morning from 8.30am and can be available some afternoons by arrangement. Please call the school office on 02086922762 or Mobile: 07467838889 to make an appointment or pop into the office and I will be happy to see you if I’m free. You can also email: Familysupport@beecroftgarden.lewisham.sch.uk